The Indigenous Cadetship Support program aims to improve the job prospects of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
The program links full-time students undertaking their first undergraduate degree with employers who can give them work placements and ongoing employment once they finish their studies.
- provide paid work placements of 12 weeks for each year of the cadetship
- support the cadet through their study and work placements, giving professional guidance and mentorship
- intend to offer ongoing employment to the cadet once they successfully complete their cadetship.
What funding is available?
The Indigenous Cadetship Support program provides employers up to $7050 per semester to support cadets with a living allowance and study-related costs and to offset employer administration costs.
Want to know more?
- visit the Indigenous Cadetship Support website.
- call the Indigenous employment line on 1802 102.